Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

What can you do with a window?

That is the question that actually bugged me for 2 years. Yes, I held on to an old window for TWO years debating which DIY project I wanted to use it for.

Before I get into the inspiration that I had and what I ended up doing, I HAVE to share the best potato salad recipe with you!! My belly is happily full...so I have food on the mind!


It is from The Pioneer Woman and Brian actually found it and whipped it up to go with some brisket we had.
Here is the recipe for the perfect potato salad. You should seriously try it!

Anyway--back to window DIY! My blank canvas of a window frame had several possibilities.
Here are some of the inspirations from Our Small-Town Idaho LifeLovely NestDollar Store Crafts, and the Bees Knees Bungalow :







In the end, I decided I would make it a.......bulletin board! I took one of my long weekends and sanded, painted, waited, painted, and then glued in 6 cork tiles (from Michaels). The tiles had to be cut down to fit in the widow frames snugly, and was much harder than I initially thought (each pane was a slightly different size).


Here is the finished product hanging above my desk. I love how it turned out and how practical it is for the office area. I've noticed that I might need to do something else to reinforce the wood glue that I used to hold the panels in place because there is a little bit of give when you push a tack in--but it's not broken yet! 





No comments:

Post a Comment